Written By My Local Utah Content Writer
With colder weather literally at your door, it’s hard to want to venture outside of the comfort of your own home for a full-blown date. It is so incredibly tempting to stick to a comfortable routine of cozying up on the couch and enjoying some mindless Netflix. Unfortunately, watching tv isn’t doing anything to strengthen or enhance your relationship. That’s why we’ve come up with these creative ideas to get your creative juices flowing and your meaningful connection growing!
1. They say that the way to the heart is often through your stomach! Why not put this old saying to the test and try out a new recipe together? Whether you and your partner want to explore exotic recipes from around the world or stick to more common grocery staples such as marshmallows or fresh sandwich bread, you’re guaranteed to find at least one recipe that you can agree on. Once you select a recipe, create your shopping list and head to your local grocery store. Split the list in two and designate a meeting point. Whoever locates all of their ingredients last gets stuck doing dishes!
2. Organizing can often feel like a chore, but when you see the stunningly beautiful finished products on Netflix’s The Home Edit, you’re guaranteed to be inspired! Determine which room you’d like to tackle and pay a visit to your local dollar store to load up on containers. Their blog has tons of great tips to help you with whatever space you choose to attack. Be sure to turn on your favorite playlist remember the standardized process: edit, categorize, contain, label. Take things to the next level by incorporating a categorization system inspired by color, I dare you!
3. Are you guilty of storing an unfathomable amount of photos on your phone? Set aside a night for you and your partner to go through these precious memories to create a Chatbook together. Chatbook’s automated process allows you to quickly add captions, arrange photos, and pick your cover. Not only will your friends and family love this personal touch, but you and your sweetheart will love the opportunity to reminisce and swell on old memories. Talk about a great way to get these fleeting memories documented and on display.
4. Do you love a good French Malbec, or maybe an Italian Pinot Grigio? No matter your preference, all wines pair well with the right cheese. Spend some time at the grocery store to select the most intriguing cheeses while you send your sweetheart to the local liquor store to pick up whatever bottles of wine catch their eye. Rejoin forces to create a beautiful charcuterie board worthy of a few photos. Cozy up on the couch and enjoy an evening discovering the tastiest combinations!
5. While we can’t exactly travel during a worldwide pandemic, there’s nothing stopping you from setting goals and planning ahead! Take advantage of this slower time to scope out your bucket list destination. Find hotels, activities, and tourist stops that speak to your soul. Develop a cost estimate, set a timeline, and come up with a savings plan to make your dream a reality! You’ll have enough knowledge to be overly excited about your future trip and you’ll have plenty of time to build your savings.